Wednesday, January 10, 2007

"Sometimes Poker Sucks"

I just finished doing some work and preparing for a workshop this weekend. Lets play a few hands of poker before I turn in for the night. My stack is dwindling rapidly at Bugsy Club. I join a .05/.10 NL ring game with $3. The table is full. I am the button when I am dealt pocket aces. Comes around to me I bet the pot (~.30). I get one caller. The board comes 223. Other player goes all-in. Did he really call my raise with a 2? I call! Pocket aces go down in flames to 92 offsuit. I decide to rebuy for another $3. First hand I am dealt is pocket ladies. This time no messing around I go all-in. I get one caller. Guess what he had? Yup! Pocket aces!

Poker really sucks when you can not play in your local neighborhood weekly tournament. It was tonight. Probably a good thing based on the last two hands. Last time I played I did manage a 1st place and a 3rd place finish.

I am going to miss next Monday's game also. Hopefully I can get a couple of folks over to celebrate my birthday the following weekend. Going to be difficult to narrow the list down to just 7 people, but I will come up with something.

I am down to $7 at Bugsy and only $23 left in Neteller. I am thinking about joining Full Tilt if they do not have aminimum buy-in. My online days appear to be numbered! I just may have to do the freeroll circuit again. Did I mention that Bugsy's Bonus policy sucks!

Ciao

No comments: