Sunday, July 06, 2008

Hello Internet!

I have not posted in a long time. Poker is not the hot topic these days. My only poker comment is that I lose more often than I win when I have pocket aces. Enough said!

I am going to start writing on this blog anything that happens to get under my skin. Here is today's WTF moment.

We are at the farmer's market downtown Austin. There is a line about 8 persons deep to get a pint of freshly picked blueberries. This non-english speaking lady walks by the entire line and right up to the vendor. "How much?" The farmer explains 3 or 4 times the prices. Lady knods her head. "I take two." The young lady starts to package two pints. "No! No! No! One this size."

Vendor prepares a half pint. The the lady tries paying with WIC. The vendor is like sorry we do not take WIC. "You You take! Just like money."

The lady walks away.

I am primarily kicking myself in the buttocks, because I did not ask this lady to get to the back of the line. It was not worth any hassle, but she should follow the rules.

I have experienced several other WTF moments and hopefully I will post those soon.

No comments: