Saturday, May 01, 2010

I love youth Baseball!

Last night I had so much fun coaching our team in the baseball tournament.  We were playing probably the toughest team in our league as our first game of the tournament.  The conclusion was not ideal, but boy they boys sure fought hard.  In Little League baseball rarely do you get a complete game.  Well last night we went the full 6 innings.  We lost 10-8, but with two outs the boys were attacking. The final out came on a bang bang play to first base.  Although our fans were not happy it was the correct call from my angle as third base coach.  The umpires were the best two umpires we have had all season.  They were on top of the game and enthusiastic.

I saw such great effort from these players I was pumped up.  We may have won the game if one ball bounces cleaner or I did not make a coaching error.

I made some errors in the pitching department, but we stayed in the game.  My big error came during our final at bat.  Bases were loaded.  A better rips a single.  Runners from second and third score.  I did not pay attention to our runner coming from first because I was focused on getting the runner from second home.  He got caught to far off second base in a pickle between second and third.  The result was not good, ending in our second out.

We did have a very scary moment when a batter swung the bat around hitting our catcher in the middle of the back.  He was down for awhile.  What a tough kiddo because he stayed in the game.

DBacks! I am very proud of you!  Now if we can just teach a few of you to not cry when things do not quite go your way the season will be a total success.

No comments: