Thursday, November 28, 2013

Just feel like blogging

I wish I could get in a regular cadence of blogging, but I don't.  So sad!  I do enjoy writing and allowing my 2 brain cells to wonder.  So I am going to meander through my recent experiences with online poker.

First of all I wish the hell the US would bring back online poker.  I do miss the grind of free rolls and spinning gold out of zero investment.  I could rant about how stupid this country is, but that would be one hell of a long blog post.  :)

So I now find myself being entertained by playing Zynga poker via Facebook.  I tend to play their weekly challenge where the quest is to win as much fake money as possible.  Early when I started doing this I thought, "Hey, there are some decent poker players here."  Now as I play more there are a bunch of "all in" idiots.  It is fake money after all so I really should not expect much more than this.

So now the challenge is how do I extract more fake money from these "all in" idiots.  Recently I did win my first Million $$$ Hand.  Pocket aces actually worked for a change because I was up against pocket kings and one rag hand.  Normally the rag hand wins in this scenario.  I also met Irene a good poker player on the site.  So I am also challenged to beat her weekly.  I have 4 million this week and she now has 3X that amount.  Damn it!  Hopefully I will get to play a ton this lazy Thanksgiving day.

BTW - Happy Thanksgiving to the four people who follow this blog.

Shifting gears I played in a charity poker event a few weeks ago.  It was a blast except the blinds went up fast and somewhat randomly.  I played well.  I read a friend of mine like a book and got all in against him twice.  Both times we got me on the river.  The second time was my last.  The after party at the Key bar was definitely something to remember or not remember, depending on who you ask.

Any rate someone mentioned that you could play online again for money legally.  I said no way.  Well it turns out you can using bit coins.  I tried the site, but it was hanky.  Plus I really do not trust bit coins. Heck there was a dude in Austin who made I think over $11 million, selling drugs online using bit coins.

So the short of it is I am stuck playing free fake money poker on Facebook.  WTF!

Even our local neighborhood game has decreased its frequency.  Hopefully one will get scheduled soon.

Play on!

No comments: