Saturday, May 22, 2004

"Live from Arnie's"

Howdy! I just got home from playing in a $25 buyin no limit holdem tournament. unlimited rebuys for the first two rounds, but the kicker is you had to be out of chips to rebuy. I finished 9th. The best hand I got all night was a pair of aces on the river, which lost to two pair. I won a hand post flop with a pair of tens. I won because I raised 2x the big blind. I also won a hand with a pair of queens for the same reason. I had Ak once and Aj once. Other than that my hands seemed like they were 47 and T2. It is just not in my nature to play when I get crap hands all night. I believe next time I need to just use the Gus method and go in with crap per-flop and hope I hit something. Additionally I should go all-in for grins twice in the first hour. Oh it was frustrating.

It was interesting in that twice I had to call the hands that were on the board. Once it eliminated a player, but there were 4 clubs on the board and the other player had the Ace. I had to speak up. When it was down to 8 players my neighbor went all-in with AT. On the river he ended up with a straight to beat two pair Ks over Qs. Unfortunately he was knocked out a little later when the board gave the other person a pair of cowboys.

The hand of the night was when the flop came AAA. The turn was an 8. One person beat out $500. The last player said all-in. The first player called. he turned over pocket tens. The other player turned over Ace number four! Ouch.

It was down to 5 players, but they were taking forever. We were hoping for a side game, but no extra players showed up. Oh well I get to post this summary.

What book do I need to read to know how to battle when I get crap cards. You keep thinking that the trend would change. I really got nothing worth playing. I got put all-in with 87 in the small blind. On the flop hit a 7TJ. I was cheering for a nine. Turn came a six and the river brought a 4. I ended up losing to a pair of jacks.

Oh I hate to lose. If anyone rads this post please guide me to a book or a site that shows you how to play when you get crappy cards.

off to play a little online poker before passing out.

Play on...

No comments: