Tuesday, July 27, 2004

"Victory is Sooooo0o Sweet!"
 
Well someday I will complete the vacation adventures!  Other than my parents there might be one person out there looking for some poker content.

Last Friday night I got invited back to A's house for a little poker action.  They wanted a piece of me since in a drunken stupor I walked away with their money.  Unfortunately the Mrs. had a dinner party, so I had to spend 3 hours of my life at Chuck E Cheese.  Oh what fun!  It was actually fun in that our 4 year old sat on my lap and we played this street luge game for about an hour.  At about 11:15 PM I decided to just go check out the scene in hopes that they might have a consolation tournament.  I showed up two minutes late.  Oh well!  That game ended rather quickly so they decided to have another mini tournament.  Nine players bought in for $10 for $500 in chips.  We decided we would pay the top 2 finishers $65/ 25.  It was like I was clairvoyant.  I knew when I had the best of it.  Everyone at the table was timid, so when they checked I would come over the top.   Early on one player went all-in.  I had KTo and was in the Big Blind.  I read him for a QJ or something weak.  I called!  I think it was $150, which would not have crippled me.    He turns over Q5o!  The flop brought a 5 and no help to me.  Oh well I thought.  Well a King hit the river and the second player was out!  I had a decent stack so anytime I smelled weakness I would raise $300.  I felt like a thief! :o)

We were down to 4 players and I had a slight chip lead over the host.  I was on the button with pocket deuces.  The small blind was short stacked so he was all-in for about $100.  SB checks.  BB check and I bet $300 with BB calling and SB folding.  The board was something like J5A.  Check to me and I bet $300.  BB called.  An Ace hit the turn.  BB checks!  I go all-in!  BB folds!  I turn over my pair of ducks to go head to head with the small blind.  BB shouts a couple of expletives because he folded a Jack.   I lost to the small blind who had a pair of 5s, but stole $600 from the BB.  He was HOT!  I continued to play aggressive and eliminated the other two players.  I was head to head against the host with approx. 2 to 1 chip lead.

I went all-in with ATo!  I was called with Q9o.  He started to shake my hand when I pointed out that he had filled a straight.  He took a large pot and we were even in chip count.  The next hand I hit a pair of Kings on the flop and again he hit a straight on the river.  Fortunately for me I did not go all-in.  The next hand I did go all-in and won most of the chips back.  Finally hand of the night he goes all-in and I say to him "You are not going to like this!"  I got pocket aces!  So Victory is Sweet!

Gotta tuck the kids in!  Tomorrow I am playing golf.  Hooky from work, but it looks like it will be last opportunity.  Playing a local course that I have not played!  Normally it is to expensive.  Iggy - I will drink to Guinnesses before we tee off!  Beer and ibuprofen and golf will be fun!

Good night!



No comments: