Tuesday, August 03, 2004

"Four poker Nuggets"

Nugget 1

Time for another brief post! Saturday night I decided to enter into the midnight $2 buyin limit holdem tournament. I grew my stack steadily until we were down to the final table. I was the chip lead by a reasonable sum. I had a couple of river beats so my stack shrank. We were down to 3 players I had about 2800, player A had 5700, and player B had 1000. What do you think happens?

You guessed it my computer locked up. I quickly went to the XP Pro machine and tried logging in. No luck! I rebooted that machine and quickly rebooted the ME machine. In the course of about 10 minutes I was back in the game. Ouch! Down to 500 chips! Long and short of it is that I finished 3rd for a $7.82 victory. I was cursing!!


Nugget 2

On Friday night I entered a tournament on Paradise Poker. Free roll and there were 4000 players with the top 200 winning a seat in the big tournament. I do not remember the specifics but I had two river beats that zapped away most of my chips. I got pocket tens and went allin short stacked. One caller with KQ. Yep he got a Q on the flop. I finished 208! Arrgghhhh!

Nugget 3

Party Poker is a great institution! They must like me because they deposited $50 into my account. I had taken out all my money about 6 months ago. Well I played a couple of times but never read the fine print regarding the $50 deposit. On Friday night around 10:30 PM I read the small print while playing with a great friend NovsNasties. The fine print stated I had to have completed 500 raked hands by 7/29. Well it was 7/30. The account page seemed to indicate that I had some time. I immediately began playing two tables. I ended up playing until 3:00 AM and over 400 hands of poker. For 5 hours of play I had broken even, then in the last 30 minutes I was playing Omaha 8 and 7-stud H/L. I managed to quickly drop $25 (see nugget 4). That was a lot of poker!

Nugget 4

Man I love 7 stud H/L, but I got hammered. Three times I was dealt 4 suited cards in the first four cards. Each time no one had anything powerful on the board I had to hang on the flush draw. Not a single one hit. Final stud hand of the night I am dealt KKK. I am betting like a wildman! One player stayed until the river. On the river he filled his 7 high straight and I did not get my boat. How frustrating! Did I play these hands appropriately? I think so and I would probably do it again. Any thoughts would be welcome because I hate losing my free money!

Enough for now! Only my Dad reads this blog! I think! Tomorrow I plan on continuing the vacation adventure.

PLAY ON!

No comments: