Wednesday, October 13, 2004

"Coaching errors!"

Watching my favorite baseball team in the playoffs and I must comment. Backe was pitching a super game. They pull him and bring in Qualls to pitch to Rolen. I started jumping up and down and cursing it as a bad coaching error. I was right! Now the Astros are losing 7-4. Backe owned Rolen early in the game and Astro bullpen lost two key games against the Braves. I am not giving up, but these coaches need to get their act together! Take a chance on a young enthusiastic pitcher. My money was on Backe to take Rolen down and get out of the inning. We will never know.

Speaking of money I am still unemployeed. Seems like I should be writing every day, but I have a long list of chores I would like to accomplish while I can. I primed the garage today and will paint it tomorrow.

I did watch about 30 seconds of the debate. My only comment is that two candidates said the same exact BS as they stated in the first two debates. Boring! Lets really talk about the issues!

One poker tidbit! I learned a valuable lesson today at Dynamite. They give $100 to the highest holdem hand of the day. I was playing a .25/.50 holdem game. I got a Royal Flush. I bet .50! Everyone folded, so the hand did not count as the high hand of the day. Figures! Next time I am going to check! My luck I am sure there was another reason the hand may not have qualified. I am sure that is my only Royal for 2004!

Play on!


No comments: