Friday, December 24, 2004

"Obsession"

Obsession is not the fragrance sold at Foley's. What I am talking about today is my obsession with Check N Raise poker. I am obsessed with letting this site take my entire bankroll that I so craftily accumulated. I had accumulated through hard work and grinding about $170 at Dynamite poker. Well Check N Raise had promised these great bonuses for transferring to the new site. Well they offered me $106 in bonuses. I think I previously posted that I would have to play a zillion hands to see any of these bonuses. Well in order to expedite the bonuses I of course moved up to higher stakes. My logic was that people might play with more resolve and I could play premium hands and earn the bonus a bit faster. Well I have quickly been smacked into reality. People play just as crazily as a $.05/.10 game. Needless to say I have lost some huge hands on the river with premium hands, losing 70% of my bankroll. Oh wait! It is more than that because I actually received my first $25 of my bonus. Crap!

Here are a couple of example hands that have cost me $30 - $40 pots.

Sitting on the button with pocket eights! I limp in! The flop brings an AJ8. I start maximizing the betting and have two callers following along. The turn brings a King. One player folds and one caller who I think was the big blind or UTG. River brings a Q. Indeed the winning player was calling all my raises with T2o, hitting the straight. One of the players stated at the table "That is not right!" I could not have agreed more!

The other huge loss was when I flopped the nut flush of spades. A beautiful hand I must say. I am raising to the maximum again. One caller stays to the river. You got it! The board pairs giving him/her a BOAT! Oh the PAIN!

Oh I am so pissed off! I had typed a zillion elegant paragraphs highlight my poker adventures over the past couple of weeks only to have IE F&*^N lock up and lose all of my beautiful work. I will attempt to write those elegant words again as soon as I calm down. Oh I am pissed! Fortunately I saved a tiny portion.

Stay tuned


No comments: