Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Political Platform

Besides the legalization of poker in Texas, I have just come up with my second item for my legislative platform. I am totally opposed to computer viruses and spyware. I pledge to prosecute any MF’er who writes and deploys a virus. I pledge to make spyware illegal.

Yes my stupidity has caused me so much grief. Yes I opened and e-mail that was from support@.com. Yes it contained a nasty virus. The virus itself was easy to eradicate; however, there is now a spyware executable on my work computer that I am having one heck of a time removing. I had to delete over 100 records from my registry today. That sure was risky, but the only other alternative is to pave the machine and reinstall. What did I have to lose? I am down to just two issues. Mediatickets.com are MF’ers I would prosecute in a heart beat. The other one is the Delfin project. These are extremely difficult spyware to remove. Eventually I will beat these MF’ers.

One other lesson I learned during this frustration is that many sites attempt to put third party cookies in your browser. I changed my browser settings so that I am prompted for all third party cookies. Unfortunately primary site cookies are a necessary evil.

Microsoft Antispyware got me half the way and Spyware Doctor was the most useful tool. Of course I was too cheap to purchase Spyware Doctor and had to delete everything manually. I might just purchase this tool, because it was pretty thorough. Perhaps they can remove the installer.exe that keeps trying to execute mediatickets.com or get rid of the Delfin project. The best news is that my computer is virus free and I am able to get some valuable work done.

I really do not have much poker to report on. I do want to say “Go Horns”. The men play on Saturday. I cheered my tail off for the Lady Horns. I am watching the women’s World Series as I type. The softball tournament has been pretty exciting.

I am thinking about asking my better half if I can play in a poker tournament on Saturday. It is hosted by a local blogger and I would not know anyone. The buy-in is reasonable and no rebuys. Really sounds like my kind of tournament and fun. I am going to send him an e-mail and get more detail.

All you MF’ers out there who develop viruses and nasty spyware BEWARE! With my legislative amendments we will hunt you down like the moles that you are.

Hopefully some poker this weekend!

Play on!

No comments: