Monday, July 11, 2005

"Miscellaneous"

Due to work and life I have not had a chance to complete the Arizona trip report and my demise on Party Poker. I thought I would quickly post a couple of miscellaneous items.

Toast to Mr. Lonnie Zwiener - Mr. Zwiener is the father of one of my best friends from college. Mr. Zwiener passed on July 1, 2005. I will forever appreciate his humor and kindness. His legacy is a fabulous family of 4 boys and 13 grandchildren. Our hearts and prayers go out to the Zwiener family. I was fortunate enough to maintain their yard during the early 90's. Mr. Zwiener gave me an open invitation to enjoy a cold beer everytime I worked in their yard. The boys did a fantastic job honoring their father and I raise a beer in honor of Mr. Zwiener.

Microsoft software sucks - Our daughter has been beginning for this game called Zoo Tycoon 2. She scratched and clawed and saved her money. I agreed to cover the taxes. She spends $30 of her money, which is a ton for an 8 year old. She tries to install in on her computer. Sorry your driver does not have the correct speed to support this game. We tried to install in on her brothers computer (although I doubted it would work). Sorry but you do not have enough processing speed. We tried to install in on my office laptop, which is reasonably high end. Sorry but this package is not compatible with the Radeon 7500. I look up this game on the internet only to find that it is not compatible with about 100 video cards. What kind of crap is that? I decide to return the game at Target and exchange it for the older version which should work. Sorry sir, but you can only exchange it for the exact same item. What the f***? I basically let a couple of target managers no I was very angry. The sited copyright law. I agree that some persons would go home copy the game and try to return it. Would I be this pissed if I had done that? My apologies to the Target managers they should not receive the brundt of my frustration. Microsoft deserves the slam! Upon contacting Microsoft they apparently have a 100% satisfaction garuntee policy. I have not heard back from them since leaving them a message on Friday. If they refund our money I will apologize and move on, but until I get a refund Microsoft Sucks!

Play on!

No comments: