Saturday, July 29, 2006

"Gets the Blood Pumping"

I am on a 5 minute break during a $5 +.50 tournament on Check N Raise. I am currently in 17th place, but it has been an interesting ride. Very early int he tournment I limped in with 56 diamonds flop came 2 hearts 34 diamonds. Someone went all in! I called and hit the straight flush on the turn. By the way this tourny started with 327 players. I believe we are down to 111. I was in 12th place when I got pocket ladies. I person to my left went all-in for about half my stack, so down to 54th. I called. He turned over AK. Ace hits on the flop and I get no help. Booooo! A few hands later I get AKo. I do not know why, but AKo is a loser for me so I limped. Flop brought a K52. I bet $400. Player raises to half my stack. I go all-in and win! I currently sit in 17th and the tournament pays top 40. I would love to win this cuz there is like $1700 in the pool. Saving as draft - starting again with 49o!

OK I am in 16th place and in the money! Man tournaments get the Blood Flowing! Heck I finished a bottle of wine and now I am on beer. We are on the second 5 minute break and I have to pee like a race horse. I decided the smart move was to type my comments, then do the post and fold routine. I am glad I fear playing AK. I got AK twice and both times I limped. Thank goodness because I would have lost my shirt both times. Once to a straight and once to a river pair of nines. Soon after that I got AA. I raised $3K. Another player went all-in. I had to call. I won and it moved me to 3rd.

I am in the money and gaurunteed to win more than $12.96. Perhaps I should go pee and wrap this up after I exit. The really sad thing is an 8:00 AM soccer game is going to be really hard!

More soon...

Oh Poker sucks! I was in 6th place. I got pocket Kings. I bet $3500. I get raised. I go all-in. Yes just like the blogger tourny I am up against AA. Down to 12K and 16th place. I am in the big blind, short stacked, and I get the hammer. I got raised and had to fold it. I am in the small blind with pocket 6's. There is a raise. I go all-in. Up against pocket 9's. I am out 16th and only win $16.95. I believe I played these hands correctly. After 2 hours and 45 minutes I expected to get a better return. Oh there was a hand in there somewhere where I hit another 7 high diamond straight flush. Twice in one tournament is amazing.

I need to go to bed, but two more quick hands.

I was playing in a NL Omaha-8 SNG on Pokertime. The very first hand I am dealt Ac2cJh5c. Three players go all-in. It was a $2 buy-in so what the heck. Three jacks appear on the board and instant chip lead. I lost the lead several times but persevered and won $10.

Man poker gets the blood flowing. I may not be able to sleep, but I know the early soccer game is near.

One final note we bought a new car today and the sales person had a WPT hat. It was an omen.

We no longer have to deal with FORD. Honda all the way baby!

Good nght and playon! Wow I actually posted some poker content!

No comments: