Monday, September 04, 2006

"In the Dog House"

On Saturday night I had a few old friends over for a poker tournament and a cash game. We had ten players buy-in for $10 no limit game. Some of the players had never played a tournament before, so it promised to be interesting. Well the very first hand got interesting.

I was small blind. The strongest player is to my immediate left. Several players limped in an I mucked the small blind. The big blind went all-in. Well he got 2 callers. The BB turns over TT, another player had JJ and the third player A7s. The Jacks held up, eliminating 2 players and tripling up a strong player.

Definitely an interesting start. I bluffed with 52o and won a small pot. I wanted the players to know that I was willing to bluff and I showed my cards. I played very solid after that. I did play one had poorly with an open ended straight draw that never landed. It cost me more than I should have been willing to give up. Another hand I tried eliminating a player by putting him all-in. He hit a pair of nines and doubled up.

I made it down to 4 players. I was holding KQ when the flop came Q74. I immediately went all-in. Player to my left immediately called me turning over AQ. I was out on the bubble. Man I hate going out on the bubble.

I made some bacon-wrapped stuff jalapenos that were a huge success. Thanks Mom for sending me the recipe. I did add a little twist and used pepper bacon. I had to abandon a hand just so I could get a couple of them. I also grilled some fajitas and jalapeno sausage. Other players brought munchies and the tequila was flowing.

We started a cash game. We had 9 players until about 1:00 AM, then 5 us continued. Our 6 year old son got home and he sat down, so we limited the game to Holdem. He played Ok but he was chasing a little bit. He lost all of my winnings so I told him he had to stop and get ready for bed. Of course he took off to his room and I knew he was upset. I brought him back and gave him $5 more. He won a few hands. The party animal stayed with us until about 2:45 AM.

I drove one of the tequila fanatics home. I then cleaned up the house. Now for the dog house part. In the morning my wife noticed a stain on our hand crafted dining room table. Lets just say she was not happy. I am not convinced it happenedd at this party, but she cleans it so she should know better. Now I need to figure out how to fix it. That will be the only way I get out of the dog house.

I have not posted much because I am to busy grinding at the tables. My previous post was of the final image of me winning a tournament with 389 players. I could not believe how much I won. Most of it has been spent on taking the kids to Dave & Busters. Opening savings accounts for the kids, watching the Lady Longhorns beat Penn State in soccer, and sending my wife on a shopping spree. I am hoping to win again. I have finished intot he money one other time and I always manage to make it deep in the tournaments. Despite my success CNR's customer service made me a little mad. It was my mistake, but they were unwilling to work with me. I took most of my money out.

I am now looking for a good bonus and another site to play. Any recommendations would be most appreciated. I am leaning toward Full Tilt Poker. I have an account but have never deposited any money. Hopefully I am still eligible for the 100% bonus.

If anyone needs a bonus please recommend a good site with a favorable buy-in bonus.

I will try to post more often, but soccer season is now in full swing. Hopefully I will get better at multi-tasking and not play three tables at a time.

Party on!

No comments: