Sunday, February 20, 2005

"Quick Thoughts"

Today started off great! I am still banned to the couch with my hacking cough. At around 4:30 AM our son wakes up and crawls on the couch with me. Of course now I can not sleep. I hear the dog hacking. I get up only to step in dog spit up. Cleaned the mess (and my foot), then found another puddle of dog goo. Lovely thing to be cleaning up at 5:30 AM. I decide to read the paper. Hmm it is not here yet. It arrives around 6:30 AM. I read half the paper then get sleepy. I decide to fall asleep in the formal room. Nice 30 minutes cat nap.
Also to start the day our daughter is sporting a nice 103 degree fever. I give her ibuprofen (miracle drug if you ask me). Although the Mrs is sick too, she decides to go to church. Good for her! Our son is whining about being hungry. He wants waffle sticks (of course we are out). Our daughter wants orange juice (of course we are out). I have 20 minutes before my wife leaves for church. I dash to H.E.B. and buy these items of NEED. Now everyone is happy. I start my chores. I re-arrange the bikes. I got a new bike, so I am looking forward to riding with the family. I came into the house and looked out the back door. Our dog looked like a bush. She had so many leaves stuck to her hair she literally looked like a bush. I should have taken a picture. I gave her a bath. All the leaves clogged the tub drain. Oh what fun! I then did my favorite chores clean the ceiling fans, sweep the floor, and mop. After that I was retiring to the couch to watch the Daytona 500.

Of course while watching the race I check my mail and play poker. My friend Chicken Feet had invited me to join a poker site. Unfortunately I just joined 24Hour Poker, so my bank roll is a little depleted. They were offering a 40% reload bonus, so I could not refuse. I have played there for 2 sessions today and I have already lost $20. Oh the bad beats are numerous. Perhaps in another session I will be getting the river wins. I am not going to bore you with my frustration, but I had KK three times and lost all of them. I had pocket queens four times and lost all of them. The hand that really put me on tilt was AK. Flop brought an ace. The river brought a King. Of course the king filled a straight for one of the callers.

I am going to have one more poker session today, but it has been a frustrating day.

Play on!

No comments: