Saturday, February 26, 2005

“Wine is better than Whine”

As I start to write this post I really do not have a clue as to what I wish to convey. I figured I would just start rambling then come up with a title for this post.

First of all the flu Sux! My wife has had a fever for seven plus days. I am coughing up a lung. My daughter is finally recovering but she also coughs all night. And as expected our son is running 101 fever today. Things do not get done and makes life a bit more difficult. Oh well we will make it! Hey I even cleaned the bathrooms today!

I tried a little wood working project in the garage. It was a disaster. I got a Craftsman All-in One for Christmas and I attempted to us it. The bit kept popping out and I did not have a neat execution. Oh well just like anything it will take some practice. At least the All-in part of the tool applies to poker.

Speaking of poker I had deposited $100 into 24Hour Poker with the promise of 40% bonus. Man and I thought Check N Raise was a hard site to earn a bonus. I have already lost almost $70 and I only have 20 VIP points. It takes 100 VIP points per $10 bonus. I do not know what it is about that site, but I lose on the river when I have the best of it going to the river. When I fold to an aggressive bettor of course my card hits on the river. I decided last night to change it up a bit and play 5 card draw. I get a set of aces only go head to head with a person staying with a pat hand. Yup they did have a pat hand when my aces received no help drawing 2 cards. I am tempted just to pull my last $30 out and move on, but I have made great comebacks before. I mean heck I was down to $14 on Check N Raise and now I am back near $150. I had a good night last night winning $40 in two $1/2 Limit Holdem Sessions.

I played in a free roll today Limit Omaha H/L. I finished in 4th place out of 159 players. Not bad! I earned 7 Tournament dollars, which are really cool. They actually act like dollars when I enter tournaments. I played in a NL Holdem tournament at midnight last night and I finished 11th out of 26 players. I went all-in with AJo and found myself head to head with the chip leader who had AKo. Can you say DEAD! Oh well! I hope to play in that tournament again tonight.

OK! I want to close with one quick rant. I heard on the news yesterday that federal monies were being allocated to help divorced parents to cope with their divorce. I guess the primary objective is to make sure the kids are handled properly, which I agree is a worthy objective. But come on Federal money! Our tax dollars! I had nothing to do with them having kids and parting ways. I think this type of cause should be handled by a non-profit organization and the government should give us some of our tax dollars back!

Wow! I just got pocket Kings in .05/.10 NL Holdem table. I am in the BB. Can you believe this crap?

Here is the summary:

Check n Raise Poker Game #1196977: Hold 'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10)

Sat Feb 26 22:39:01 EST 2005
Table 'Chausson' Seat #5 is the buttonSeat
1: crazyjoe ($11.65)
Seat 2: Big S ($3.15)
Seat 3: naderator ($8.20)
Seat 4: DakotaPoker ($2.15)
Seat 5: LQQKing4AAs ($3.20)
Seat 6: Megley ($4.90)
Seat 7: Chrypto ($7)
Seat 8: InYerFayce ($4)
Seat 9: masconi ($7.05)

Megley: posts small blind $0.05
Chrypto: posts big blind $0.10
*** HOLE-CARDS ***
Dealt to Chrypto [KS KD]
InYerFayce: folds
masconi: calls $0.10
crazyjoe: folds
Big S: raises $0.40 to $0.40
naderator: folds
DakotaPoker: folds
LQQKing4AAs: folds
Megley: folds
Chrypto: raises $0.80 to $0.90
masconi: foldsBig S: raises $2.75 to $3.15 (all-in)
Chrypto: calls $2.25
*** FLOP *** [4H AD AH]
*** TURN *** [4H AD AH] [3D]
*** RIVER *** [4H AD AH 3D] [2D]
*** SHOW DOWN
***Chrypto: shows [KS KD ] (two pair, aces and kings)
Big S: shows [6H 5D ] (a straight, two to six)
Big S wins ($6.15) with a straight, two to six
*** SUMMARY ***

Ok! I need to make one final comment before I get on with playing cards. I know you are not supposed to blog about your job. I am currently enjoying my job and I find it both rewarding and challenging. The ironic thing is I keep getting calls from recruiters and former co-workers telling me about opportunities. Where were these opportunities when I was unemployed? Will they be there again if fate puts me back in the streets? I sure hope so!

Play on!

Drink wine and don’t whine when you dine on bad beats (beets)!

No comments: