Sunday, February 27, 2005

"Oscars or Cartoons?"

I would much rather be watching the Oscars; however, our son now has the flu, so cartoon's it is. We are watching Shinzo. Of course we just finished watching his favorite Bay Blade. While I was out running errands his sister and I stopped at Toys R Us to buy him a Bay Blade, Dragoon. I think Spiderman is up next and I actually like the new Spiderman.

It has been a great day. Started the day by reading half of the newspaper. Made bacon and eggs for breakfast! I spent several hours in the back yard pruning roses and cutting shrubs. The dog came outside while I was doing chores and she got filthy. At least she did not look like a bush (he he), After I picked up my mess I had to give her a bath. She definitely needs a hair cut!

At one o'clock it was off to roller skating. Our daughter was going to try out her roller blades. We got there and immediately got into a fight. I hate it when we fight, but she can have quite the attitude. She skated for about 12 minutes with her roller blades. "I can't go fast enough!" We switched to skates and she was happy for a little while. That is why we got into a fight. I was taking off her roller blades when they announced they were going to play the dice game. She was sooooooo upset and of course it was my fault. I quickly got the skates on her and she made it in time to play the dice game. We skated for about two hours. I got her to use her roller blades again for the last 30 minutes. I thought she did great. We then went to Picture It to get my better half some supplies for a photo album. Next to Toys R Us for the Bay Blade purchase.
Next to HEB to buy steaks and a few groceries.

The poker content is coming soon.

Got home and had the wonderful honor of speaking with my youngest sister. I proceeded to light the grill. I made delicious NY strips and some pineapple pork Kabobs. Oh yeah! I dranka pitcher of margaritas.

After dinner I decided to try and play some at 24 Hour poker. Last night I played for quite some time. I was playing two tables limit holdem and 5 card draw. I do not recall many hands other than I won a huge pot in 5 card draw when I was in the BB. Everyone limped in, so I drew two cards. I filled a 9 high straight. Two other players both raising. I was like ruh ro! I ended up winning a $20 pot. Sweeet! I ended up last night ahead $20 bring my total to about $57.

Today after dinner and still drinking margaritas I decided to again play limit holdem and 5 card draw. Despite my set of kings getting beat by a set of Aces, I managed to win another $30 dollars. I really like playing the 5 card draw. So now I am back to $87, but only 20 VIP points. It is going to take forever to get my bonuses. Anyway the fine folks from Europe actually spoke a few words in chat. Very few but it was nice to see. Now I just need to figure out what "fritta" means.

OK! I just won a nice hand with 2 pair, but the board was scary with all puppy feet. I bet aggressively and ended up heads up. I did win!

Oh yeah last night I played the midnight tournament. I was short stacked and went all-in with A8o. There were two callers. The board came QA4. The turn was an eight. I do not remember the river, but the other player had pocket queens. Once again I finished in 12th.

Well I had better save this blog before the computer glitches.

Play on! Spiderman Rocks!

No comments: