Thursday, April 14, 2005

“All Along the Watchtower”

I thought I would do a quick post. I just heard U2’s version of “All Along the Watchtower”. I thought it rocked. I am now listening to “Hero” by Chad Kroeger.

Man I have a great view from my office!

I have watched a little bit of poker this week. Wow, there were some bad beats. Howard Lederer going all in with two pair on the flop in the 2004 Poker Championship. Opponent gets a King on the river to eliminate him. I watched the WPT last night and unfortunately I do not recall their names. Pocket kings and the opponent hits one of only two outs on the river, an Ace. I think I would melt on the spot if I was at the final table with a $1 million at stake.

Here is what happened to me just last night! “I feel so lonely and I know I am not the only one to every feel this way” some good words from Tesla that apply to the world of bad beats.


Hand #1 – I am holding A6o on the button. The flop brings QQ6, which is looking OK for the home team. This is Pot Limit by the way. I bet ½ the pot. I get two callers. The turn is a Q. I bet ¼ the pot. Once again I get two callers. The turn is an Ace. I am thinking is someone slow playing the 4th queen. Nah! I bet half the pot! I get raised. Chit! I just had to call! Once again I get smacked by the ladies, all four of them!! Basically I was all-in and lost my $4. Ouch! J

Hand #2 – I am in the BB. I am dealt A9o. The flop is A9T, which is once again good for the home team. I bet the pot. I get two callers. The turn is a J. I bet the pot and get one caller. The river is a K. I bet the pot and I get raised putting me all-in. I had to call, but I knew deep down the SOB had a King. Down another $4.

I think it is time to quit. Not!

AC/DC song applies here “Kicked in the Teeth”

Hand #3 – I have K9 of clubs. The flop brings two clubs. My gut told me another club was coming. I was put all-in, but I had to listen to my gut. The cool part was there were other callers. Yes sir the club hits on the river and I rake in $10, making my net loss for the session an entire $2. I can live with that!

Let’s see perhaps I can throw in some off the wall comments.

I have never found a person’s finger in my chili!

Gas prices are outrageous, yet Texas lawmakers want to add more taxes. Can you say very bad timing?
I did remember to file our taxes! That reminds me Taxes SUCK!

I will close with a little Jane’s Addition – “Jane Says”

Play on rock stars!

No comments: