Friday, April 08, 2005

My apologies for posting this late, but Blogger seemed to be down last night!

“Grady Rocks”

I just wanted to make a quick post. Thanks April for posting the lyrics to the Grady song! Everyone should catch their high energy show.

I have to say that I watched WPT last night. I must say Mike Matusow is a true ARSE. I would have to have head phones and Grady blasting full volume to sit at a table with him.

I just got in a hand at CNR that was a total hoot. I had just sat down at a NL .05/.10 Holdem table. I get dealt big slick. I limp in. Person raises $2. I put him on small pair. I call. We get a third caller. Hmm! My gut says the best they have is pocket queens. The bettor raises and puts me all-in. Huge pot so I have to call. Flop is a rainbow of small cards (852), turn is a 4, and the river is an eight. No help for me, but the raise had pocket 8’s for quads and the other player had pocket 10’s. I read them right, but got smacked.

A few hands later I had ATo. The board brought AT. A player to my right raised. I reraised, putting him all-in. I won my money back from the quad hit.

OK! Now that we have the hammer theme song, I have to ask the obvious question. Is playing 27 really wise? Personally I think it is a horrible play and I muck it every time. I fully appreciate a good bluff, but it does not have to be 72. I have played in a couple of local ring games where people played the hammer. I say keep on playing the hammer. More often than not, the hammer will lose! I know there is the challenge of pulling it off and showing the cards in victory. I am going against the grain and I will continue to muck it every time. Unless of course everyone limps in when I have the hammer in the big blind. I just might raise!!

For all you Austinites who might stumble on this humble blog. During the month of April ThunderCloud Subs is rolling back their prices. I got a fresh 10 inch ham sandwich today for $1.40. Amazing! Visit there website and enjoy!

Tomorrow I have a meeting at a local Austin coffee house, Flight Path. I have never been there so stay tuned for a review. I have an eye appointment. Oh Joy! Finally I have a lunch date with a former co-worker. We are going to Mike’s Pub. If you have never been to Mike’s you are missing out on extremely cold beer mugs and delicious burgers. Check it out! I believe the owner and his son also play poker!

Rock on!

No comments: