Thursday, December 22, 2005

"Drowning in Someone else's Pain"

Last night I decided to play some tournaments at Poker Time. First tournament I definitely felt the pain. First I entered a 15 player SNG. I was dealt pocket kings. I had an average stack and there were six players left. I made a nice raise. I got re-raised. I popped him back. He re-raised me again. Geez the only hand that can beat pre-flop us AA. Does he have it? My gut says he is pressing with QQ or JJ. I push all-in. Doh! He did have AA and I am out in sixth. Oh the pain!

I then played a 10 player SNG. Nothing really eventful other than I finished on the bubble in 4th. Oh more pain!

I capped the night by playing in another 15 player SNG. I played well and I do not think I risked any chips unnecessarily. We were down to 4 players. I had $4K. Two players were hovering around $1K and the chip lead had $9k. The chip lead was leveraging his stack and stealing chips.
I thought certainly if I am patient one of the short stacks will be eliminated and I would be in the money. I even folded AKo when the chip lead was in the big blind. I knew he would pop me for a large portion of my stack. Finishing in the money was my goal, so I would at least end up even for the night. The chip lead called numerous all-in plays by the short stacks. Every time he did they would suck out and win. The two short stacks grew to over $3K and my stack dwindled to around $2K. The chip lead was around $5K now. I could tell he was a bit on tilt, especially after his AK got walloped by T5o.

I went from "yes I am going to finish in the money and at least second place" to "Oh Crap am I even going to make it in the money!" I was patient and defended my blinds as best as I could. Soon it happened! The player who was the chip lead went all-in against the new chip lead and was eliminated. Off he went in a cursing storm. I went from drowning in his pain to shouting with glee!

After that I got a little crazy and sat in a 5 stud pot limit game. After some high stress and losing most of my stack with KK to a set of dueces, I managed my way back to win a couple of dollars.

This morning I discovered the ME channel on Time Warner. It is nice to hear Austin artist. Heck they played a Reivers video. I was a Reivers junky in the day.

Today I pray the freaking plumbers come back to finish their job. I got screwed yesterday! I still need to battle the shopping scene one more time. I think we should simply stop exchanging gifts and every family MUST place what they spend on Christmas into a savings account. Or better yet donate more to their favorite charity.

Bah humbug!

Oh one other thing - in my previous post I stated that was April sitting next to Mr. Mac. Couldn't be cuz that chick is wearing a dress! Just kidding April! :o)

Play on!

No comments: