Sunday, December 11, 2005

"In the MONEY"

Well I needed to do a quick post. I have been busy grinding at the tables and attempting to remodel our master bathroom. Remodeling is definitely putting me out of my element.

My wife was kind enough to let me take a break and play in the CNR $10,000 challenge. There were 179 players I believe competing for a total purse of $10,000. I think I was supposed to be in this tournament a year ago. Any rate I sat down this afternoon at 2:00 PM.

Interuption - I just saw on the news how the Texans lost. Geez maybe I can take the job as their placekicker. April I feel the pain!

Any rate I was playing in the tournament. I played extremely conservative. If I decided to get in the mix I made a decent raise, which usually resulted in stealing the blinds. The tournament pays the top 30 players. It was 4:00 PM and still around 60 players. I was in the middle of the pack. I told my kids that I needed to win a couple of hands in order to make it in the money. I got AA and KK exactly when I needed them. I only won the blinds, but I was not going to let anyone suck out on me. At around 5:00 PM. it was down to 31 players. I was staggering around 19th place, but for the past hour I was at a table with three of the chip leaders bullying the table. I had to be patient. For awhile I had #2 on my right and #4 on my left. I could not make any moves. One player at our table ended up making it to the money with only $134. he was patient and I think said numerous prayers that the blinds would not go up! I really had no clue how much the payouts were. So I happened to peek. To my amazement I had just won $100. I would have to make it to the final table to really increase the winnings by much. I found myself on the button with AJ. I went all-in for my last $6K. Of course I got called by the big stack, who had me by the seat of my pants with AQ. I ended up finishing 26th place.

Now it was time for me to install some tile. I figured I had better earn my keep. I borrowed wet saw. I made my first tile cut and it was off. I should have doble checked the measurements on the cutter. After that I could not get another piece of tile to cut. The blade kept binding. Of course I got very frustrated. I called Lowes and it turns out they will cut the tile for me for $.25 a cut. Shit I wish I had known that earlier int he morning. Tomorrow I am off to Lowes to get my tile cut. We will be down to one bathroom for a little while longer. We have grandparents coming on Friday, so I had better get busy.

I should be asleep right now, but I am wired.

I couple of other mentions before I play a few more hands. I ended up making a mistake at Party Poker. I lost almost all of my stake and was down to $4.75. I had to take the kids to a party, so I exited. Well now I can not even lose my last $4.75, because it takes a minumum of $5 to sit down. I will wait another 6 months and maybe they will give another freebie. I am a great "fish" for Party Poker. I still have $8 at Poker time. I am still playing at Paradise with my original $2 stake.

I big thanks to CNR for hosting the tournament today. I am now $100 richer.

I hope April and the other bloggers had a safe journey to Vegas and all come back with huge bankrolls.

Play on!

No comments: