Friday, February 10, 2006

"Oh They are Starting Young!"

Occasionally I have lunch with the kiddos. Well today it was our 9 year old daughters turn. I stopped by Wendy's and picked up some burgers. Unfortunately I can never time it correctly, so I was a bit early. I had a pleasant conversation with a Mom of a former soccer team mate of our daughter.

I sit down to enjoy lunch. I must state for the record that it has to be one of the loudest places on this planet. I probably will not be able to hear for a year. I sat between two girls. Across me was two boys both age 9. They start telling me about how they gamble their lunch items playing holdem. I think Wow!

I start to quiz them when they ask me to play. I won a billion dollars! Hee Hee! I am still not sure what to think about gambling at such a young age. I was probably started sitting on Dad's lap around that age, but I did not start gambling cookies until I was thirteen. It was really cute to say the least.

We played a few hands and I taught a couple of kids how to shuffle. Now our daughter wants to learn how to play. Let the lessons begin.

Man I am blessed in that this humble blog was visited by the famous Iggy. I hope he makes it to Austin for the big tournament.

More later! I am playing in a LIVE H.O.R.S.E tournament this weekend. I am excited. My master gave me permission to play. Yee ha!

Play on!

No comments: