Wednesday, November 15, 2006

"Just peachy"

Howdy! Things could not be better at this second. Watching the PPT! Eating Botanas de Harina (Hot & Spicy Picante Snax Mix)! Spanish is a reflection of one of April's recent posts. I am drinking hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps. And I am playing in a $1 HORSE tournament at Bugsy. Oh yea! I have the movie "the Da Vinci Code" waiting in the wings.

It sounds like I am just peachy; however, I am sad. I read today that Iggy is going on hiatus and his blog is going down under. I plead to you Oh master to continue your blog. Write about anything you wish - your current work place drudge, a bowel movement, a fishing trip, swilling multiple Guinness, the quest for World Peace. I mean just write! Anything you write is better than anything else on this planet. I did write a recent post about Death to Poker Blogs, but the great blog "Guinness and Poker" must not fall victim to the bureaucratic BS that goes on in the US. Perhaps we should all pitch in and move Iggy to DownUnder, so he can legally make a living playing online poker. IGGY please JUST WRITE!


Monday night I played in a local tournament. It was NL Holdem with a $20 buy-in. My kinda of game. There were 24 players. I nice group. I hope to play again. I played extremely well. I ended up finishing 8th place when I went all-in from the big blind with QQ. I got called by A9. An ace appears on the flop and I am sad. If I win this hand I am confident I finish in the money. instead I am out. I checked out the cash game, but it did not feel right to me. Instead I ended up dealing to make the tournament go smoothly.

I did want to mention one strange hand. I was in the small blind with A6o. I called the raise. They deal the flop and I look down. I have no cards. I am like crap what happened. The players who had mucked looked through the muck pile and handed me what they felt were my two cards. I was not sure they gave me the right cards. We decided to just check it down. The bizarre part is I won when a 6 landed on the river. I am usually religious about putting a coin on my cards. I was not drinking much so I can not blame it on alcohol.

I did win a nice pot once with 83o. I felt the guy was weak and an ace came on the flop. I played the hand like I had an ace. He folded on the river giving me a nice stack of chips.

OK right now I am the chip lead in the HORSE tournament. I am playing aggressive in the RAZZ round. So far won two large pots. Hopefully I can hang on to make a couple of bucks.

Time to plop in the movie.

Good night!

Bonus Code IGGY Damn it!

No comments: