Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fantasy Baseball

Well it is time again for fantasy baseball.  I got my team yesterday.  I think I have a great pitching staff, but the rest of my team sucks.  Once again I failed to appreciate Yahoo's approach to automated drafts.  I do not spend a ton of time pre-Ranking my players, but I usually move all the injured players out so they do not get drafted and I make sure I have a shot at getting as many of the top 100 players as possible.

I guess my big flaw is that I was to worried about getting a couple of good pitchers I stuck to many pitchers in my top 100.  I also drafted dead last so I got back to back picks, but two picks after 13 other teams picked twice.

My second big flaw is that I completely fail to account for the fact that there are 14 teams in our league.

My third flaw this season was that there are a couple of very hot prospects so I wanted a shot at a couple.  I got a few to many.  I think having Stephen Strasburg and Jason Heyward on my team will be a benefit.  It sucks that Strasburg has to sit out a month in a financial move by Washington, but I understand the fact that he may be worth keeping around.

Regardless of how well my team does this season I need to definitely increase the amount of SMACK talk on the fantasy baseball site.  Last year everyone was way to quiet.  Right now everyone is bashing my draft, but soon I may have ammunition for smack talk.  If not I will certainly make something up.

Go Team!

No comments: