Monday, March 22, 2010

Well I just had to toss out another post.  I have become extremely disillusioned with our political process.  Two things specifically get under my skin.

1.  Adding items to a bill that are completely out of context such as this added to the health care bill:

"By the way, buried in the new House health care bill is an unrelated but also sweeping measure that rewrites the rules dealing with college loans for needy students"

2.  All of the deal making it takes to obtain a vote.  I heard the Nebraska deal was removed, but there was still advantages to Louisiana and a couple of other states left in the Health Reform Bill.

Collaboration and Common Sense should rule the day.  Special interest and unrelated topics do not belong.  Both parties are guilty as hell and should be ashamed as to how they represent us.

Bills should be broken down into reliable and efficient legislation.  I think a 2000 + page document that takes a law degree to understand makes little sense.  Every member of the house and senate should be able to efficiently discuss the bill and damn it work together to craft what makes sense for the people.

I had some politicians I was planning to support come November, but now I am leaning toward voting out every incumbent.

I have this simple message for the Government of the United States.  Get your act together!

Stay tuned for my next post when I reveal the canned response I got from Senator Cornyn regarding the up coming decisions on genetically modified alfalfa and wheat.  An entire rant is forthcoming!

Peace!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yup Carl, it's a mess.... Wonder what life will be like 10yrs from now...