Tuesday, November 02, 2004

"Bubble Boy Again?"

Last night I was playing in a NL Holdem tournament on Dynamite Poker. The top 10 got tournament points and the top 5 are in the money. We were down to 11 players and I had about $2K and the chip lead around $13K. I am in the 3 spot when I am dealt KQs. I called the big blind for $300. Flop brings KQ6 all clubs. I knew it was a risk, but I go all-in. The chip lead of course calls me. A fourth club hits the board and the chip lead of course had a club. Bubble boy once again! I thought I played this correctly, but I am second guessing myself. If anyone has an thoughts it would be greatly appreciated.

I am still unemployed. I have been waiting for an offer from a company for 5 weeks. They keep calling me to assure me that the offer is pending. Man I hope I get a Fed. Ex. package today. As much as I love playing poker I could never become a professional. Well if I happened into a huge bankroll, perhaps! :o) I keep getting invited to local games, but I do not have the bankroll to risk. If I play my cards right I will be playing in a $25 NL tournament this Friday. I have a feeling though my wife is really going to push the issue, because I am also planning on attending the Longhorn - vs OSU game Saturday night. I may have to make a tough choice. OSU played OU tough this weekend and I believe this game will determine the Horns post season.

Go Horns!


No comments: