Saturday, November 06, 2004

"Oh the luck"

I just returned from a poker tournament. I am beating myself up inside. I finished on the bubble again! Four players left and they pay the top 3. I believe I was the small blind $8/16. Two players to my right folded. I look at my cards and see AK s. I believe I was third in chips. I go all-in! The big blind calls me with AJo for $122. Of course a Jack hits on the flop and I am out 4th. Should I have just called the BB and seen the flop cheaply? Damn I needed the money. The guy that called me an hour early was down to $12. He ended up chopping top two places with a first time player.

I played almost flawlessly up until that hand. On one hand two players were knocked out. I won a small side pot with pair of Kings, but the third person who was all in hit a set of twos on the flop. That put a dent of about $50 into my chips. I was the chip lead at the final table, then to end up with zilch is totally depressing.

I am still trying to figure out what the odds were in that hand AKs -vs AJo pre-flop. I may have to ask the internet gurus. It seems like I was a 6-1 favorite, but I really have not a clue. I need to learn how to quickly calculate odds.

Despite being totally pissed at myself, the good news is that I landed a job. I start on 11/15. Yeah!

Oh why do I let a poker hand get me so worked up. Hopefully I can get to sleep soon! I am going to the Texas - vs- OSU game tomorrow. It should be awesome.

Play on!

No comments: