Wednesday, October 19, 2005

"The River Loves you!"

I was playing $.05/.$10 on Paradise Poker last night.

First a brief sidebar. Unfortunately I have let my bankroll get super low due to a crazy move Saturday night. I decided I needed to take a shot at quickly increasing my bankroll, so I joined a $.50/$1.00 Limit Omaha-8 game. In three hand I lost my $5 investment, putting me down to $1.84 at paradise.

Back to the story - I started getting the hands. I hit a boat on the river and two flushes. next thing you know my bank roll is up to $4.35. I got interupted in order to give my better half a massage, so I left a juicy table and my affection for the river.

Man sometimes I hate computers. I just lost a perfectly phrased paragraph with a flash of the screen. Arrgh!

After lathering my wife with icy hot I went back to Paradise poker. I sat down at a table where it was mostly 3 handed or even heads up. My companion, "the river" had left me for another man. Twice I had the nut flush only to have the board pair on the river, giving the lady stealer full boats. At least four times I knew I had the top pair or top two pair going into the river. Yes all four times the river gave him a higher two pair or filled a gut shot straight. Rather than tilt all I could do was type into the chat utility, "the RIVER loves you man- NH". This continued where he would hit his miracle on the river until my $2 was gone. Fortunately I had the snap to stop playing and go fold clothes.

My other site should be back online today, so I can move up in stakes or at least play some no limit. I tried joining Full Tilt poker Saturday night after losing that $5 at omaha. I thought I had about $75 in my Neteller account. When I attempted to make the transfer it was rejected. "What the ..." Well it turns out that I only have $42 in my account. Unfortunately the site and neteller require a minimum transfer of $50. With CNR down for maintenance I had no other bankroll resource. I was sad! It was 2:00 AM, so a decided a little sleep would not hurt. Is Full Tilt a good sight to play or should I venture somewhere else?

Now with the poker content out of the way I turn your attention to soccer and football.

We had four soccer games this weekend. On Saturday the U6 Bobcats can stomped. Our kids seemed totally asleep at 3:15 PM. Oh well! Our son did play well and had some excellent defensive plays. Just before the U6 game our daughters team, The Clash, played a great game and remained undefeated. She played goalie the second half and made a couple of solid saves. Oh yeah! There was this one gal who was constantly yelling at her team mates. What a brat!

On Sunday the Bobcats started our soccer day at 2:15 PM. The team played much better. I believe the game ended in a tie, but we are not supposed to keep score. Again our son played aggressive and assisted on two goals. Go Bobcats! At 3:15 the Clash were supposed to play, but the previous game was running late. It was an exciting game. Our daughter just happened to score the first goal. The most interesting part was that she used her left foot. The Clash went on to win 4-0. This weekend the Clash are playing in a soccer tournament. My wife is a little miffed with me, but I am going to the Longhorn game. Go Horns! I certainly picked a great game to go to. We can only hope "the river" does not show up at that game.

Only Wednesday and I am looking for an action packed weekend. A house warming party in Friday (hopefully I can make a late or brief appearance). On Saturday there are at least 3 soccer games and I hope to make it to at least one. The around noon off to the Dog and Duck for pre-game warm-up. Then to a pumpkin carving party and finally a late appearance to a Halloween Party.

Potentially on Monday I am off to Atlanta for 3 weeks! Yikes!

Well Play on friends!

No comments: