Wednesday, August 10, 2005

"Amazing"

Congratulations to my wonderful parents! Yes it is AMAZING in that they have been married for 46 wonderful years. Y'all are truly amazing!

It was also amazing last night when I went on a hot streak at CNR, winning 5 hands in a row. I tripled up, then it was a good thing it was bed time!!

Friday night was also pretty amazing. At one point I was playing 4 tables concurrently, two on CNR and 2 on Paradise. On paradise I was just having fun and remained even. On CNR I joined the midnight NL Holdem tournament, using half of my check points. On the .10/.20 NL holdem table I won a huge hand and I was up $20. The tournament started getting tense, but I was holding my own until this hand. I am on the button holding AA. The flop comes 22T. I bet 3000. I get called! The turn is a K. I bet another 3000. The river is an Ace. I put the caller all-in. Absolutely the correct thing to do right? Wrong! The other player had pocket dueces. He had flopped 4 of a kind and hung me out to dry. I still had a decent chip stack. Around two in the morning I had managed to gain the chip lead back and was in the money. I wanted to win really bad. I was heads up against another player from Texas. We duked it out, exchanging the chip lead back and forth. Finally I got a decent hand AJo. I bet a nominal amount. He raised. I went all-iin for $27K. He immediately called. I have AJo and he has A6o. I liked my chances. A six hits on the flop. I had to settle for second place and $31. The cool thing was I never had to re-buy.

The main lesson I learned here was that there was no way in hell I could play four tables and concentrate on the tournament. After I earned enough check points to get my $25 bonus on CNR. I had stopped the ring game to focus on the tournament. I made a couple of good lay downs and two great bluffs, but other than that I really got the cards. Net profit was $75 for the evening, which is not too shabby.

Saturday I did my honey do's, because I had been invited to be part of the crew on a sailboat, Vitamin Sea. I had permission to go, but it depended on the honey do list. I packed up some Guinness, water, and sun screen. I arrived right on time. There was no wind at all. I ad a feeling that once again I would not get to race. Last time I went there was no wind. I am beginning to see a pattern. I did jump into the lake and help clean the bottom of the boat. It can be a little eerie swimming under the bottom of the boat and popping up between the boat and the dock. We did have the captain and his lovely wife over for dinner after the race was cancelled. My wife cooked three recipes from he El Ferrol cook book we got on vacation, spicey potatoes, firey shrimp, and lemon-rosemary flan. Add a little bit of syrah and a temparnillo and it was a great time. The great news is that my better half gave me permission to try again this Saturday. I hope the weather is perfect and I will definitely be praying for at least a little wind.

Congratulations to April on her new puppy, Vegas. What a perfect name! When we got our puppy we named her Ash. It was great when our three year old would run around the house yelling "Nice Ass!" and "Bad Ass!"

I am really looking forward to playing in the Austin Blogger tournament on September 3. I have permission but I have not seen the honey do list. The honey do list can sometimes be "Amazing"!

Oh I forgot one quick rant! Texas House and Senate should proclaim Happy Anniversary to my great parents. Hell last Wednesday you spent your entire hour in session making proclamations about anniversaries and math school awards. Please serve the people of Texas and get off your asses and hammer out a school reform bill. Toss your special interests aside and focus on the quality of education for all children. Your procrastination is truly AMAZING!

Play on!

No comments: