Wednesday, August 31, 2005

" A Quicky"

I just wanted to make a quick post. Ok so it is a new definition for the term "Quicky"!

Everything went well in Ohio. I damn near missed my return flight. My sister is still laughing at me for all the cus words I was blurting after driving 16 miles past the airport. Saving grace was the fact the clock in the rental was WRONG! Gambling with airports is not fun!

Speaking of gambling I had a revelation last night. I was playing $.05/.10 No Limit. Twice I got a good read on the other player when heads up and won some decent sized pots. I did not let them bully me into folding. The revelation came when I was forced to go all-in with one caller to go. The third person called. Once again I had a good read on the player who put me all-in and I would have beat him; however, the other caller had the nuts. So the revelation for me is to think more carefully about going all-in if there are other players that could call. It is all about 'position". Oh and that applies for a "quicky" too!

I am looking forward to playing in the Austin blogger tournament on Saturday. Hmmmm! What strategy will I deploy? Definitely a bunch of tough players! I am definitely hoping to "Crack the Hammer". I think a little experimenting is in order. It will be a long drive to south Austin, so I must place in the money in order to pay for the gas. I am betting it will be $2.89 by Saturday. Sheesh!

I sure wish we had mass transit planned for Austin and not toll roads. Soon no one will be able to afford to put their cars on these roads.

Party on!

No comments: