Wednesday, August 03, 2005

"Cracked"

Once again not overly inspired to post, but I did play a little poker last night at Paradise poker. Yep, I am still living off the $2 they gave me a long time ago. I do not have a huge bankroll, but enough to have some low limit fun. I have been playing a bunch of .02/.04 Stud lately and I also play .05/.10 Limit Holdem.

I am playing 7 stud and my very first hand I get a full house only to lose to a larger full house. Ouch!

I am in middle position on the limit holdem table and I am dealt pocket aces. I had just won a nice pot with two pair and ace kicker. Seems like the entire table is in and we make the betting. the flop comes 66x. Again maximum betting. Turn comes no help. Again maximum betting. Of course I believe someone has a 6, but I continue to fire away. There was not flush or straight draw. Four of us showed out cards. AA, QQ, and of course a raise with K6. One person folded on the turn who had TT. Three pocket pairs got "cracked". I just said nice hand and continued playing. There was some joking afterwards, but it was fun!

Now I think I will just toss out some randomness. My two brain cells are being pulled in multiple directions. That is correct in that I only have two brain cells left from all of the partying during my youth. Amazingly enough they usually fire at the same time resulting in a little bit of thought and creativity.

My brain is being pulled back into the world of development at work. Writing code certainly puts my two cells to the test. I have never had any formal training, so it really can be a struggle.

Outside of work my brain is on a totally different tangent. I have started taking RCIA classes. I am not sure this blog needs my thoughts on religion posted, so I am debating about creating a new blog. The spiritual side of me has not been greatly tested. Joining the Catholic church truly feels like the correct thing to do. It is a huge commitment and will take my two brain cells to the maximum. There may be some random spiritual posts on this blog, but I will try to keep it to a minimum. One thing I strongly believe is that I shalt not push my religious beliefs onto others. It is an individual journey!

Finally my brain is fried trying to determine how much poker to play and where to play it. I am tempted to join a new site, but I am not sure which one. Currently I am leaning toward FullTilt. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am looking for a good bonus that does not take a decade to earn. I am looking for a reasonable number of players and some low buy-in tournaments.

Perhaps I should just be smoking crack instead of getting my "aces" cracked! Definitely would make for an interesting religious experience. Hee Hee

I did have one more poker point to ponder. Lately on Check N Raise poker there have been numerous players going all-in early. This is a .05/.10 table and they go all-in for $20 only to win 40 cents. I know in certain situations you want to isolate the chasers, but man if you have a good hand at least attempt to make them earn you some dough!

Play on!

No comments: