Monday, August 22, 2005

"Blowing Off Steam"

I got home from RCIA and there just was no way I could go to sleep. The 5:00 AM alarm will be rude. I thought I would play some cards and catch up on some blogs. Definitely some good write ups from the event in South Carolina.

Scott - thanks for your kind words.

I must say I just got screwed royally in a 6 person SNG. There were four players left. Two of us around $2k and the other two at $4.5K. I get dealt JJ. The flop comes Q35. I do not recall the river, but I go all-in. I get called by one of the larger stacks from the SB. He called half his stack with 34o. A f'n 4 hits on the river and I am out. I read him correctly and played it correctly. That is the way the cookie crumbles.

Looks like I will not be leaving for Ohio until late Thursday. I need to load up the poker game my Brother in law got me for X-mas on my laptop. Won't be the same as playing for money, but mindless on the plane none the less. Do they have wireless net on planes yet?

I am going to chug my Guinness and see if I can fall asleep. For some reason my brain will not let me. Perhaps another Guinness is in order.

I am looking forward to the Austin Blogger event. It is way south, but I will manage. My better half keeps trying to make other plans, but I reminded her that I am booked.

Play on!

No comments: