Friday, August 05, 2005

"Battle of the Aces"

First of all I need to apologize to those persons using RSS. I obviously have to continue my education regarding these applications. As soon as I have a better understanding I will try to implement something. Thanks Adam for pointing this out. April's links should also be of some help. Added to my list of to do's!

I am so glad I was not involved in this hand last night, but I thought it might be worth some discussion. I do not have all the details, but I can create a quick summary. The game was .10/.20 NLH on Check N Raise poker. I was not getting great cards, so I folded as usual. Two players raised each other pre-flop for a couple of bucks. After the flop there was some healthy betting and raising. Same thing happened at the turn and the river. I believe there was close to $20 in the pot. Player #2 was actually put all-in. Both players turned over AA. The irony here is that the board had four spades. Doesn't that suck to hold the same powerful hand as your opponent yet lose. The winner was indeed remorseful. :)

I had a similar experience on one of the few hands I got involved with. I believe I had A4. The
flop brought me a shot at the wheel. The turn brought me my 5 for the wheel. I bet $2 and got called. On the river brings a fourth spade to the board. I did not have a spade, so I mucked.

I have been taking a beating lately, but I am only 40 check points away from a $25 bonus. That will certainly help. I have been chasing a bit to much lately, so I am reeling the game in a bit. Hopefully I can play in a tournament tonight, but players on CNR are getting scarce. I may make the plunge tonight and join Full Tilt.

I am looking forward to playing in the Austin Bloggers tournament on September 3, but I must seek permission from my goddess. :)

Scott - If you happen to read this little excerpt I have a question for you. Did you go to Deer Park HS? I graduated from J. Frank Dobie HS. Perhaps it truly is a small world!

Party on! Oh wait! I mean play on!

No comments: