Thursday, September 15, 2005

"Therapy needed"

I must say Scott is correct in that I need an intervention or a long session of therapy. Last night at CNR I sat down with $4 at a $.05/.10 table. I have AK. Flop brings KJ8. I make a decent bet but I get raised. I pushed all-in. The turn is a T and the river is a 7. Yes my opponent happened to have K9.

I plopped down another $4. I believe I go as low as $2 and battled my way back to $9.50. It was almost time for bed, then I had another brain "fart". I am in the BB with A9s. I raise to $.30 and get one caller. The flop is AK7. I bet out $.30 and get raised $9, putting me all-in. I called. The opponent had pocket 7's. I lost my entire stack.

Why? Because I am insane! Seriously the reason I lost my stack is that I did not put any thought what's so ever as to what potential hands my opponent might have. I am so used to people bluffing and bullying online that I made an instant call. I need to slow down and think about what could my opponent have. I also need to have the nuts before immediately committing to all-in. I believe I may end up calling 1-800-SCOTTMC.

I know I am playing with free money, but dammit I want to increase my bankroll not toss it away.

Tilt on!

No comments: